Miami Spring Break Leads to Sand, Sun, and Fun
by Meg MassiePosted Mar 7th 2011 01:00 PM
John Sexton, Flickr
Of particular interest to Miami spring breakers is the burgeoning area of South Beach. Additionally, most businesses in the area are welcoming spring breakers with open arms. (Ft. Lauderdale, on the other hand, hasn't been as inviting as of late.)
Here are our tips for making your March vacation in Miami even better.
• Winter Music Conference (March 8–12): This dance and electronic music awards event always ties in well with spring break in Miami.
• Ultra Music Festival (March 25–27): The thirteenth annual Ultra festival is sold out already, but if you can find a ticket reseller, you may be able to join the fun.
• There are plenty of pool parties and other organized activities. However, many Miami spring break activities don't get posted online until shortly before they occur. It's often better to get to your destination and see what's going on when you get there. Know that many party hotels will have their own hosted events.
• Speaking of party hotels, one excellent example of is The Clevelander, still featuring their popular Saturday evening pool party. For a list of other potential party hotels around Miami, check out this list.
• South Beach has become increasingly friendly to hostel-goers. It may be a little late to book, but you can try a hostel in the area to save a few bucks on your Miami spring break travel. Hostel World is currently showing three with greater than 80 percent overall customer ratings.
• Partying during spring break in Miami will likely be at its peak the first two weeks of March and slowly dwindle throughout the rest of the month.
• If you want to be in the heart of the action, consider staying on Collins Avenue, Ocean Drive, or Washington Avenue between Fifth and Fifteenth Streets.
• The trendier clubs often have expensive bottle service and can be difficult to get into. You're just as likely to have fun going to bars and beach parties, and you'll spend less.
• It's a little dated, but Miami Beach 411 has a decent article on cheap eats in South Beach.
• Check AOL Travel for the latest Miami travel deals.
Filed Under: Seasonal
Add a Comment
Find the best offers to compare and save money.
Search for Deals
- Adventure Travel
- Air Travel
- Arts & Culture
- Best Of
- Food + Drink
- Historic Sites
- Road Trips
- Spring Break
- Ski Vacations
- Spa & Wellness
- Tips & Tricks
- Weekend Getaways