Fireworks Found on Southwest Airlines Plane

Posted Aug 17th 2011 10:33 AMUpdated Aug 17th 2011 12:51 PM

Fireworks Found on Southwest Airlines Plane

Koonisutra/Flickr

A Ziploc bag full of fireworks was found on a Kansas City bound Southwest Airlines flight Tuesday, reports a local NBC affiliate.

The flight, which originated in Las Vegas, was delayed an hour when a flight attendant found the fireworks under a seat, airline spokesperson Ashley Dillon told CNN.

Passengers, none of whom claimed the explosives, were removed from the plane. The aircraft was inspected and baggage was re-searched. Once the TSA gave the all clear, the flight was re-boarded and set off for Missouri.

The TSA will investigate how the fireworks got on to the plane.

Now, the question is, how did those rats on a a plane and the bat on a plane get past the TSA too?

dennisware420

Fireworks are explosives...Ask them in Boston about that.

October 18 2013 at 8:20 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
lawoff414

TSA is going to investigate how they got on the plane?? Isn't this like letting the fox guard the hen house ?

August 17 2011 at 9:07 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
2 replies to lawoff414's comment
Jimmy

Thanksgiving will be coming to, first I wish you and your family a Happy Thanksgiving. But do not know the gift you selected it? Quicklylogin nike jordan website:
http://www.7century.com ,Soccer shoes website: http://www.go-c2c.com
,Monster headphone website: http://www.ilikemonster.com

November 12 2011 at 11:46 PM Report abuse -1 rate up rate down Reply
Get real.

I'll save them investigating how they got on the plane. Answer: TSA agents are all idiots. They search babies and cripples in wheelchairs, while Middle Eastern men wearing turbans and carrying odd looking packages walk right on through.

April 30 2012 at 9:52 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
pigpentpa

Then they take my 2oz bottle of shampoo from me.

August 17 2011 at 9:06 PM Report abuse +3 rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to pigpentpa's comment
patr728

TSA took the tiny, tiny scissors from my travel sewing kit. They were so dull they wouldn't cut thread! Gosh I wonder what great harm they might cause. Probably far less than my friend's crochet needles, which she was allowed to take on the plane!

February 21 2012 at 1:50 AM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to patr728's comment
paulntraci99

It still amazes me what people are allowed on a plane and what isn't. You can't take a pair of finger nail clippers on a plane, yet one can board with a screw driver (as long as it's seven inches or smaller). A person can do so much more damage with a screwdriver than a small pair of finger nail clippers. Where's the common sense?

July 02 2012 at 9:49 AM Report abuse rate up rate down
flyboybbq

They (TSA) saved me a hundred bucks last time I flew. Normally I would go to my doc, but they did a prostate exam, hernia check, and a basics physical for next to nothing. No appointments, just show up, stand in line for 30 minutes, and hit the skies knowing I am healthy. I might be blown out of the air by whatever they let through, but at least i know I am healthy.

August 17 2011 at 8:45 PM Report abuse +4 rate up rate down Reply
com2pc

F I R E W O R K S...... ARE N O T, EXPLOSIVES, For gods SAKE. T S A
T alking
S hitheaded
A$$holes

August 17 2011 at 8:45 PM Report abuse +3 rate up rate down Reply
Erne

The tag line for this story is very misleading. The headline should have read 'Fireworks found on airplane'. Calling fireworks explosives was obviously just an embelishment by this reporter, or editors of the HuffPost, for the sole purpose of attracting readers to this site. It's not a worthy ploy for a legitimate news organization! I am disappointed!

August 17 2011 at 8:42 PM Report abuse +3 rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to Erne's comment
randolphnolen

Since when is HuffPost a legitimate news organization? As for the rest of this story, who cares?

July 25 2012 at 1:26 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
Lenny

How does one blow up a plane with fireworks?????

August 17 2011 at 8:15 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to Lenny's comment
Mare

How would they even light them? You can't bring lighters. But how did this get passed the wonderful TSA?

March 08 2012 at 7:50 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
mrbjaw

Time to get rid of the TSA and invest in a couple of dogs to look for stuff. But there's a couple of things wrong with replacing the TSA, all the kick backs and the union vote.

August 17 2011 at 8:13 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
frankerin

Rats amd bats, union members TSA

August 17 2011 at 8:12 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
mbronx43

TSA sucks. To busy checking old ladies, strip searching toddlers and looking at nude outlines on the great xray machine. I suppose if they did not have their heards up their. Well, they would be able to see a bag of fire works. Must of happened when they were busy taking my wifes make up away

August 17 2011 at 8:12 PM Report abuse +3 rate up rate down Reply