'Panda' Proposes Marriage on Chinese High-Speed Train (VIDEO)

Posted Jul 21st 2011 08:45 AMUpdated Jul 21st 2011 08:48 AM

How to propose to your girlfriend 101: Dress up like a giant panda, sneak up behind her on a train, sketch her out completely and drop down on one knee.

Sure, it may not be the most conventional route, but it totally worked for the guy in this video.

Unfortunately our Chinese is a little rusty, but according to the kids over at Shanghaiist, the panda proposed to his girlfriend of three years aboard the Beijing-Shanghai high-speed rail.

At first the girl looks completely freaked, but once her love removed his panda mask, her awkward giggles of fear turned to those of delight.

So, to the cheers of dozens of his train-riding companions, Mr. Panda took to his knee and offered up a ring. (No word yet on how many carats.) He called his love "the most important person in my life." Girlfriend cried like a baby -- but she said yes!

Not convinced that mid-travel proposals are a regular occurrence? Check out the best in-flight proposals here, including one of our favorites, that of flight attendant Vera Silva and her now-fiance, Joao Vieira.

WATCH below:

Filed Under: Weird

ROCKCRUSHER

I dressed up like a skid row bum when I proposed to my second wife. Uh ! Okay ! The truth is I was drunk on my ass and didnt remember a thing the next day. My first wife wasnt impressed ! ! !

July 21 2011 at 8:52 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
commish12804

When I heard Panda proposes marriage on high speed train, I thought they meant that San Francisco Giants player Pablo Sandoval had proposed to a girl.

July 21 2011 at 8:48 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
red

AOL should try and keep up with the streets...A panda is the offspring of a mixed marriage.

July 21 2011 at 8:17 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
charles000

I LOVE it . . . the guy has imagination, I'll give him that! Who knows what sort of world this fledgling family is starting out in, what their marriage will become . . . but it is interesting to see love alive and breathing, in its own context, where ever that may be.

July 21 2011 at 6:19 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
kevincarter101

fascinating

July 21 2011 at 5:33 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Blush

so incredibly cute! loved it!!!

July 21 2011 at 3:23 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
SSFRANK

THAT'S no Chinese train! That's a bad copy of the Shinkansen and the TGV - how dare they try to patent technology they couldn't get unless they had Japan, France and Germany license it to them! What nervy little twits. BOYCOTT CHINA! CONTAIN CHINA NOW! Who cares if some moron proposes to his baby in a panda suit?

DASEE!