Virgin Atlantic Passengers Get a Foul Mouthed Awakening

Posted Jun 22nd 2011 09:00 AMUpdated Jun 22nd 2011 03:24 PM

Virgin Atlantic Passengers Get a Foul Mouthed Awakening

JamesZ_Flickr, flickr

Looks like somebody's going to be in trouble after Virgin Atlantic passengers were greeted with a four-letter wakeup call Sunday.

"Get up, you c***s," read the message, sent by airplane crew and likely intended for two sleeping stewards, reports The Sun.

The crew members thought they were sending a private message to the TV screens of empty seats where the stewards were having a nap. Instead, the message was sent to all passengers in premium economy on the flight from Orlando to Glasgow.

According to the paper, passengers "complained the whole way home and some are seeking refunds and compensation."

A spokesperson for Virgin Atlantic spokesman said the incident was being investigated and that appropriate action will be taken as necessary.

It seems that obscenities are not taken lightly in the friendly skies. Just last week a Delta passenger was booted from his flight for using the f-word.

Filed Under: Air Travel, News

Kevin Stern

Complaining the whole way? Demanding refunds? Oh grow up, losers. Demand some extra peanuts and get on with your lives.

July 01 2011 at 9:08 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
tygafan

"Passengers complained the whole way home and some are seeking refunds and compensation."
WTF...??? I would have been laughing my ass off the whole way home.

June 23 2011 at 11:58 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to tygafan's comment
Anonymous Cobb

Me, too! These days, insert ONE nasty word, or better yet -- *gasp* -- CORRECT an idiot's math mistake on a cash register receipt (and CIRCLE! yes! CIRCLE!) the number as a cashier, and you will soon find your career toasted.

Brush against someone's dignity and you get all the wrath typically designated for murderers, but systematically destroy the value of currency, export the jobs, maliciously foreclose rather than work with these people, and you are thanked with tears being in these fools' eyes because you handed them an application for government assistance and smiled.

I'm serious. Also - a woman came to me, depressed. She said "i can't THINK. I can't FEEL. I think my whole mind is slipping away!" I told her to stop all newscasts and newspaper reading. She left, frustrated. Three weeks later, she showed back up and told me that I had cured her of her depression and adult ADD. The news is BULL.

You want to learn a few things that will blow your mind?? Read "Banana Republic" by Kirk Anderson. http://www.molotovcomix.com/home.html

I bought the book - GREAT book!! I will forever cherish my copy. If you don't like what Bush did against this company, or if your boss runs things like Little Hitler... the list goes on - if you are stressed from being oppressed, this book will teach you a few things about political events and it will get a few good laughs.

Back onto the air passengers story ...

These people just want the money. As for "offended?" I doubt it - they are just money hungry.

Americans have been trained that outrage over a WORD is appropriate whereas the rights we have cherished are *only* allowed if you can afford to pay for a house in a gated community. And yes, real people have insisted that the poor have given up *ALL* constitutional rights because, specifically BECAUSE they are poor and "cannot manage their own affairs."

I, however, happen to have battled some of the largest companies and have won. So, offended, I am NOT. I just wish everybody else could please wake up and demand their rights back!

Here in Cobb County it's like a assbackwards third world country... a ... Banana Republic! We have gov't shell games, Bull***t charities playing shell games, people DYING because of maintenance repair fund divesting, corrupt police, police that beat down people and get nothing... don't ever visit Cobb County, Georgia - keep your money OUT of this Sh*tHole!

DIDJA GET THAT MESSAGE?!? "Keep it in Cobb" can kiss my ass! Until y'all learn how to HONESTLY govern this county, get out, carpetbagger Tim Lee!

Signed,
Censored by Cobb County Police and Mad as Heck about it!

June 26 2011 at 4:00 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to Anonymous Cobb's comment
Anonymous Cobb

oops - self-correct - 5th paragraph down..

"what Bush did against this company" was supposed to be "what Bush did against this COUNTRY."

or, we can just get over the hype and just put it as "what Shrub did to *everybody*" if you are Democrat or Libertarian. GO RON PAUL 2012!

June 26 2011 at 4:04 AM Report abuse rate up rate down
BrettB

The offensive employee should be fired. End of story. It's not acceptable behaivor at work even if it was intended for the flight attendants. Of course if it a union job, he/she would just get their job back in six months with back pay.

June 22 2011 at 9:51 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Mark Lathom

So Delta can throw paying customers off of planes and yet we as consumers are supposed to pay them to take their abuse. High Speed rail can't get here fast enough.

June 22 2011 at 8:10 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
John Allen Shaw

complaining the entire way home?!? JEsus F*$#ing Christ!! Get a Life !!!

June 22 2011 at 5:20 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
HenryT2

Good luck with that compensation! The back offices of Virgin Atlantic are run like those of some low budget charter airlines. The inflight crew is generally excellent, and the check-in staff is excellent. However, if you have the slightest problem and have to talk to someone else, that's where the quality stops.

A few years back, I flew Virgin to the US for Christmas (I was living overseas at the time). They lost my baggage. It took a week to retrieve my baggage. They delivered it on christmas morning (4am! - I was afraid to tell them to come another day because I thought I might never get it). When I woke up and checked my baggage, I found that the main gift for my nephew, an XBox 360 was missing (on Christmas day!)

I contacted them and explained this. They told me that electronics were not covered and they wouldn't compensate me. I said, "it wasn't broken, it was stolen!" But they insisted that electronics were not covered and they wouldn't cover it. Further, despite my having had to purchase all new clothes, etc, they refused to pay me ANY compensation for my time without my luggage. I offered them an opportunity to upgrade me or something in exchange but they wouldn't hear of it. I'm sure I could have made a fuss as they HAVE TO compensate me something according to IATA rules, but considering how they were treating me, I thought that it wasn't even worth the effort. I'd already wasted about 10-12 hours chasing my lost luggage, then calling people to complain about the stolen goods.

I haven't flow on Virgin Atlantic since. If you fly, enjoy the excellent service on board, but cross your fingers that something wrong doesn't happen!

June 22 2011 at 4:34 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
kalahanlav

ok, i agree, its an offensive word and should no be used, but copensation? for what? it was an accident and you know it was. those people are probably already going to lose their jobd and you are worried about having to pay for your flight? please if anyone gets a refund for this crap than thats whats wrong with America. And you know you are gonna use this airline again so why bother making a huge deal out of it. I cant stand it when people compain to get free stuff. everyone makes mistakes. would you want to get yelled at for maiking a mistake?

June 22 2011 at 4:01 PM Report abuse +3 rate up rate down Reply
cynharrelson

To those who think "it's just a word"... It's an Extremely Offensive one to many. Granted, we are living in different times, but that should Not include the C word ever, Especially in Public, where not Only is it offensive... It is totally trash worthy. Since the word was Written and not spoken, it lends to Liable, which could cause financial problems for the airline. That said, those passengers wanting "compensation" should be ashamed of themselves for wanting "money for nothing"( not to quote Dire Straits LOL). They landed safely.

June 22 2011 at 3:34 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to cynharrelson's comment
America Dies Screami

That's "libel" and this incident does not meet the standard.

June 22 2011 at 4:38 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
The Mcmillians

that's life some people look for reasons to make a buck i say to them get real and why you at it get a life

June 22 2011 at 3:16 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
green95959

Anyone seeking a refund should be noted by the airline and charged an extra moron fee on their next flight. Get over yourselves you c***s, lol.

June 22 2011 at 3:12 PM Report abuse +3 rate up rate down Reply