Joe Ayala, Larry Chen, Stranded Travelers, Go Wild at Dallas Airport (VIDEO)

by Rebecca Dolan Subscribe to Rebecca Dolan's posts Posted Jun 16th 2011 02:45 PM

A A A

Thanks to a missed connection, Joe, a photographer, and his friend Larry found themselves stranded overnight in the Dallas-Fort Worth Airport. So, they decided to make the best of it – and film the whole thing.

The video shows the duo running free throughout the airport, pretty much living out every kid's fantasy. There's playing on the escalators, wheelchair races, handstands in the tram, foam fights in the bathroom and beat boxing on the intercom. Though, the highlight is without a doubt when one of the men sneakily steals an ice cream parfait cup...and proceeds to chug a self-poured beer.

Not everyone thinks its all fun and games, however. According to a report by the local CBS affiliate, the video has raised a number of concerns. Some wonder how this could happen when airports are supposed to be secure. One man panned the cost these shenanigans could have for the traveler.

Wonder if they paid for that beer?

WATCH:

Filed Under: Air Travel, Video

why so serious....

These guys went through security, and were stuck inside a secure area. It's not like they sneaked into the airport after hours. There was no security risk here. Good for them for having some fun. More importantly, good to know there's an after hours bar at the airport with free beer :)

June 20 2011 at 10:37 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
circa54a

wow in 2008 I missed the last connecting flight from CLE to
PHL. The airline insisted
I stay at a hotel since the airport closed down after the last outgoing flight (the one I missed , they said was caused by wind sheer and did not come understand special airline compensation. Luckily
I have family that live near Cleveland , they came picked me up and put me up overnight. Sadly I was selected for a body search scan by TSA the next morning and was the last passenger to board the first outgoing flight.

June 17 2011 at 9:53 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
circa54a

wow I missed the last connecting flight from to CLE to PHL (wind sheer they said). The airport and airline insisted I stay at a hotel because after the last flight the airport is CLOSED and REOPENS at the first flight out (5am). Fortunately I have family living outside of Cleveland and the put me up for the night. Sadly though I was hmm forced to go through TSA body search and was the LAST person to board my flight. I guess things have changed since 2008.

June 17 2011 at 9:47 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Koz

They look like terroist, have them arrested.

June 17 2011 at 9:43 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
naturistboi

I think these guys were sending a message to the politicians: Get some refreshing new ideas, show some heart, dont waste your time, and even though you show your ass all the time, SHOW SOME BALLS!

June 17 2011 at 9:32 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
saksr1of3

these two guys need to make a full featured movie, I thought it was funny.

June 17 2011 at 8:52 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
adelaide

i am stranded at the same place since 1130 pm last night , not doing the same thing but when i woke up did yoga hehehe

June 17 2011 at 7:54 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
As SalamuAlaikum

Those young men "should also be paid" by homeland Security for their researh on the " lack of security at a major US airport".

June 17 2011 at 7:30 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
As SalamuAlaikum

This video really makes you wonder about our so called "homeland security" and why they are being paid. I've been at the airport recently ( JFK in NY) and waited for four hours to pass thru security checks. The reality is if these kids can do this at any US airport there is no real security and scanning people and making them go, through all those checks at the airport is just "one big sham". We (America) needs to " tighten up" if we are really afraid of boogey man terrorists.

June 17 2011 at 7:26 AM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
Yolanda3659

If this video is real... then, "Dallas, we have a problem". There is no way anyone should be in the back kitchen and at the bar without airport security noticing. Although the wheelchair ride must have been fun... lol.

June 17 2011 at 7:22 AM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply