Set Sail, Aussie Band, Serenades Virgin Flight To Deaf Ears (VIDEO)

by Kate Auletta Subscribe to Kate Auletta's posts Posted May 20th 2011 07:15 AM

A A A

The band, which is currently traveling the world, gave an impromptu concert on the Virgin flight.

Unfortunately, the passengers looked annoyed when they started playing and barely seemed to pay attention to them. Harsh times at 37,000 feet!

The flight attendants must have taken pity on them as the band was given free pretzels and Carlsberg for the rest of the flight.

Check out the little ditty below.

It appears Set Sail's welcome was far different from Kanye's welcome on board a Delta flight last fall, when the rapper decided to give an impromptu performance of "Gold Digger."

WATCH Set Sail sing Jason Mraz's super-drippy "I'm Yours" below:

Filed Under: Air Travel, News, Video

Write is Might

This is a little cringe worthy...
I'd like to say that it's just nice to see people being artistic,
but it seems their goal was some sort of viral video...
In my opinion, they came across as coy, quiet, and nervous.
It didn't help that they were covering Jason Mraz either...
Guess they thought it was better than any of their original material?
All in all, kinda lame- I wish their performance had been interrupted
by some sort of "ladies and gentlemen, if you look out your window..."

May 20 2011 at 4:41 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
sgard206

Where does the writer get off at saying the passengers were annoyed? Seems to me they were either enjoying it or didn't know what to think. As for any "rudeness", this can't compare to loud cell phone conversation, kids kicking the seats or smelly food.

May 20 2011 at 4:23 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
smileymouth12

theyre just lucky no one laughed!

May 20 2011 at 3:59 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
ickymcpooh

I liked them too.I dont think the people looked annoyed and very few wasnt paying attention.What did the writer what them to do get up and dance?
Who ever wrote this artical is a mean person.

May 20 2011 at 3:20 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
adbeabout

I thought they were pretty good, their harmony was great. I highly doubt lanakii has the talent to do any of this nor have the balls to beat the sht out of them, just saying. An attempt to entertain others is not rude and selfish kyoteee1, maybe you should take a chill pill and get over it. And Kate Auletta, like Jane said, you are a terrible journalist, its sad you have to lie about your article to recieve views. Alot of them seemed to enjoy their performance, non of them looked annoyed. A performance like this was just not expected on a plane, so most of them were suprised.

May 20 2011 at 2:04 PM Report abuse +2 rate up rate down Reply
lanakii

they are horrible. if i was on this flight i would follow them to their hotel after the flight landed and beat the s.hit out of each one of them. rude aholes.

May 20 2011 at 1:46 PM Report abuse -1 rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to lanakii's comment
docrockk

Yeah kid, sure you would!

May 21 2011 at 1:00 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
kyoteee1

Their disruption of the passengers' peace and quiet was rude, selfish, and outrageous! Why the stewardesses and/or the captain didn't put a stop to it immediately is incomprehensible.

May 20 2011 at 1:44 PM Report abuse -2 rate up rate down Reply
cynharrelson

AOL seems to get a lot wrong these days with their captions...Could it be due to Huffpost???
This impromptu performance was Enjoyed By All Aboard, as evidenced by The Smiling Faces and Applause!
STOP THE MISLEADING TYPE TO GET PEOPLE TO CLICK ONTO YOUR BOGUS NONSENSE,AOL... And Shame on you for "Hiring" Ms. Huffington, a Far Left Leaning Loonie Tune, who gets to tell America and Americans what to do / think...and she's a Foreigner to boot! Yeah, Nice Job!!!

May 20 2011 at 1:39 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
gary

As a former traveling musician I can tell you I would have been the first to tell these nitwits to sit down and shut up. When I flew with my band all I wanted was to fall asleep as fast as possible (Thank you Vodkinex!) and wake up only for eating or landing. Dudes, nobody cares about your crappy music and the white guy in dreads is a dead giveaway that you suck! I hated flying Southwest with their babbling flight attendants as well. Not everybody on a plane is flying for pleasure, and no I don't want play a game or win a silly contest.

May 20 2011 at 1:10 PM Report abuse -1 rate up rate down Reply
2 replies to gary's comment
aldrin@primeoutsourcing.com

that is why you became a "former traveling musician"...

May 20 2011 at 2:54 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
docrockk

I'll bet you are a blast at parties or to work with.

:-/

May 21 2011 at 1:02 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
lmor208266

i see that most to the people were happy and please . and some other were just sleeping .this AOL
are so sensational some times. get the story right!!!!!

May 20 2011 at 12:52 PM Report abuse +2 rate up rate down Reply