Danielle Bishop, Virgin Atlantic Passenger, Has Clothes Ripped Off In In-Flight Fight

Posted May 12th 2011 02:15 PMUpdated May 12th 2011 02:24 PM

Woman's Clothes Ripped Off In In-Flight Fight

betta design, flickr

A sexually-charged dispute between two Virgin Atlantic passengers got out of control when a female passenger's clothes were ripped off and her hair pulled out.

The incident occurred mid-air on a flight from Britain to Jamaica on May 2nd. Passenger Jason Dixon, 32, reportedly became intoxicated and tried to make advances towards the woman sitting next to him.

Danielle Bishop, 27, alleged that Dixon attacked her after she rejected his sexual advances, reports News.com.au.

In the fight that ensued, Bishop claims that Dixon grabbed her hand before ripping her clothes and yanking out her hair in the fight. The altercation was reportedly so fierce that nearly $40,000 worth of damage was done to the plane.

AOL Travel is still awaiting details of the damages.

Both Bishop and Dixon were arrested.

However, while Dixon was fined approximately $1,550 for malicious destruction of property and unruly behavior on a flight, charges against Bishop were dropped.

"Virgin Atlantic can confirm that flight VS69 on 2nd May from London Gatwick to Kingston, Jamaica was met by the Police at Kingston Airport due to a passenger behaving in a disruptive manner onboard," said the company in a statement to AOL Travel.

"The safety of all our passengers and crew is of paramount importance. Disruptive passengers are rare on Virgin Atlantic flights but like all other British airlines we take such behavior very seriously. We will not tolerate disruptive behavior by passengers on board any of our aircraft and always report it to the authorities."

mjameslee912

These unruly passengers need to be SEVERELY penalized for disruptive behavior, and potentially endangering everyone on board this international flight with public their intoxication, assaultive behavior, fighting in public, endangerment to all passengers, and destruction of airline property.

July 10 2011 at 2:55 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
suebriars

i can not believe this type of stuff happens. if he was intoxicated they should have been able to smell it coming off him. i hope this poor girl recovers okay.

July 04 2011 at 3:53 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
gemini196529

Blaine, you do not know as much as you think you do. In the United States, for all crimes, from felonies to misdeamnors, females get harsher sentences then males in nearly 90% of cases. We also do not make as much as males, even if we have more education and work experince. Case in point, my former assistant was paid more than me. And in many parts of the world, women have hardly any rights at all. Men can even kill women without it being considered a crime. As for she got what she deserves? How do you know? Were you there? Was she coming on to him, I doubt it. The man was intoxicated and as you may know, some people behave erradically and sometimes even violentely when they are drunk. Clearly you have never been a female, who, while minding her own business has had a complete stranger harass her. I have been in this situation, through no fault of my own on more than one occassion. Being female does not entitle someone to come up and harass or attack you. I was doing such radical things as walking to my car from the grocery store, I know I had it coming - should have stayed inside and ate whatever was left in the house. Two guys grabbed me and friend when we merely walked into a Vegas casino and dragged us apart. I was only released when I told the guy I was going to go to security unless his friend brought my friend back. No conversation, nothing, just two guys who came up and grabbed us..we had it coming though.. we were using telepathy to tease them. And at rock concerts...been harassed there too..had it coming I know..should just listen to music at home and no go out. Oh and when I was 12 a man tried to lure me into his car, but then and again..being a sexy 12 year old female..I was getting what I deserved for flaunting my flat chest and skinny body. In your next life, I hope you come back as a female and see how the other half lives.

July 01 2011 at 3:01 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
blaine

men owe women in this culture nothing, Mr. Rodriguez. There is an anti-male agenda in the education system, in the legal system, and in the popular culture; as christina hoff sommers wrote years ago - and it is even more pressing today - there is a war against boys in the west (though her work was preoccupied with events in the United States). Maybe men have decided, given as women are handed so many legal and political and educational advantages throughout life, that they should sit these spats out. Frankly, "Frank," if you're a hispanic male you're more likely to participate in an assault than to prevent one (as the recent incident involving an ill-fated dodgers stadium fan clearly manifests). Anyway, she probably deserves what she got

July 01 2011 at 2:34 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
mitzi

i hope the woman files s lawsuit against the airline because they are the ones who SOLD the man who attacked her the alcohol

June 30 2011 at 3:37 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
duniawala

How come no one saw the most glaring flaw. The fight created $40,000 damage and the guilty let off with a $1550 fine? Virgin Atlantic is a very generous company.

Second, airlines just don't gives alcohol willy nilly. They monitor the drinks. The guy could have his own stash or has a very low tolerance.

And finally, it is the norm in most countries to arrest all the people involved, and then decide who is at fault before releasing the innocent. It is not an arrest in the usual USA sense.

June 14 2011 at 4:19 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
sailor

perhaps the lady was attempting to join the mile high club and it all got out of wack. Have to arrest the interested parties to find out what exactly happened

June 11 2011 at 1:46 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Frank Rodriguez

What a horrible story. What a shame that none of the other male passengers intervened sooner! They were probably afraid of being arrested for defending a woman on a plane from an aggressive drunk creep. I would have said something, and I definitely would have DONE something if I saw a man harrass and then assault a woman on a plane. What a shame that sheep dogs like me are only about 1% of the human population!

June 05 2011 at 8:27 PM Report abuse +3 rate up rate down Reply
mitzi

the man should have been thrown off the plane. Hope he gets his penis chopped off.

June 03 2011 at 4:03 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Sam

What's up with Jamaica? A woman gets her clothes torn off in an attempted sexual assault and the perp gets away with a $1550 fine and a misdemeanour charge? Granted, we have no idea how much of this stuff is made up by the press, but if true it seems like open season on women in Jamaica!

May 28 2011 at 4:40 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply