Woman Arrested at Boston Airport For Smuggling Cocaine in a Diaper

Posted Mar 28th 2011 01:00 PM

cocaine logan diaper

Massachusetts State Police

A woman who disembarked from a JetBlue airplane at Logan International Airport in Boston on Sunday was arrested with a diaper full of cocaine, police said.

Karen Morla Ramos, 22, arrived in Boston at 7:25 a.m. on Sunday, aboard JetBlue Flight 893 from Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic, but gave "conflicting answers about her travel" at a Customs and Border Patrol checkpoint, Massachusetts State Police spokesman David Procopio told AOL Travel News.

"That prompted a pat-down search that revealed a powdery substance concealed in a diaper-like garment Ramos was wearing under her outer clothing,'' Procopio said. "A field test of the substance was positive for cocaine."

Procopio said Ramos, who is from East Boston, was carrying just over 1,000 grams of cocaine, with a street value of about $100,000.

Ramos is expected to be arraigned today, Procopio said. She is being held at a state police barracks on $100,000 cash bail.

Just last month a 21-year-old New Jersey woman was charged with smuggling cocaine from the Dominican Republic on another JetBlue flight to Boston. She swallowed 50 pellets of cocaine and boarded the plane, and when caught at Logan confessed to being a "drug mule," state police officials said at the time.

Comments

plgal26

Get out of here, this blog isn't about clothing

March 29 2011 at 1:52 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
jon

smuggle weed i smoke that atleast

March 29 2011 at 11:50 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
D

Wow Cindy- you made alot of pot smokers mad! They are very sensitive people. Please stop hurting their feelings.

March 29 2011 at 11:46 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
cw

wow a lot of comments about drugs ......... cocaine can kill you in one snort but pot heck our forefathers brought it here and smoked it while they wrote our constution and georger washington and thomas jefferson both had major crops here in america and abroad ! so get your history right not how you want it to be to fit your polital agenda . maybe we need to look at ourselves and forefathers and see our mistakes and change them now to fit our society afterall the constution is a living document it evloves all the time !

March 29 2011 at 11:16 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Brink

Now that's one "loaded diaper full of Columbia's finest cheese".

March 29 2011 at 11:03 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Jim

To the other idiots replying to Cindy.....Pot is a gateway drug. Some don't move on. My son moved on. He did every drug he said except for needles. Coke, LSD, whatever. He got clean. My 2 nieces moved from pot to H. One's dead now, the other is still killing herself with heroin. Believe what you want. For some pot is probably like a beer or liquor. But for a lot of pot smokers, they get over it and need something "stronger". Now those are the facts. I don't care who does what drug, unless it's my family members. Luckily, out of 3 boys, I only had one try it. Of course my grandson got messed up with pot (or other drugs - not really sure) and is in prison for murder now. But, go ahead, smoke your pot. You'll be just fine.

March 29 2011 at 10:56 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Tony

Washington has lost the war on drugs years ago. Its time to make all drugs legal.

March 29 2011 at 10:30 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Mr. D

Cindy,

You are not very smart. Stiffer penalties will make the price go up. People will always be willing to take the risk for more money. The only way to stop it is to eliminate the demand. As long as Americans want it, it will find its way here. I am not saying there should be no penalties, but increasing the penalties will only put more people in jail longer and cost the tax payers.

Cocaine and marijuana are completely different. You can't die from an overdose of marijuana, but you can from cocaine, alcohol, and many other legal substances. I don't think marijuana should be legalized at this point, but nobody should be put into jail for using it responsibly.

March 29 2011 at 10:24 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Ted

No offense but seriously man, I hate ALL drugs. The older you get the more BS you have to deal with. I cant even stand being hung over anymore. Seriously man, all I want to do is make money these days.

March 29 2011 at 10:19 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Harry Hurt

If you smoke pot, it doesn't hurt someone else? I hate to think how devastated parents are when they find that their kids do drugs. When I caught the child of a friend of mine smoking weed, I forced him, at the use of my fist, to tell me who his pusher was, then I hunted the pusher down and beat the crap out of him, told him if he did it again, he would be killed. Then I called the police, and he went to jail. Parents, your child's welfare is precious to you. Guard it like you would a family treasure, because that's what it is. Hunt down and punish these vermin yourself. Get friends to help you. If a few more of these pushers got a few broken bones, maybe they will leave our youth alone. Yes, sometimes violence IS the answer. Thank goodness it isn't very often, though.

March 29 2011 at 9:59 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply