Cyndi Lauper Entertains Airport Passengers in Argentina

Posted Mar 7th 2011 09:00 AMUpdated Mar 7th 2011 09:34 AM

cyndi lauper airport argentina

Jason Merritt/Getty Images

Frustrations were mounting as air passengers dealt with delays and cancellations at the airport in Buenos Aires, Argentina on Friday. But then Cyndi Lauper decided to entertain.

Lauper, 57, grabbed an airport microphone and led a singalong including her '80s hit "Girls Just Want to Have Fun," while fellow stranded passengers smiled and cameras rolled.

The singer, in Argentina for her world tour, tweeted about the experience.

"At airport ... So many delays," she tweeted. "Wound up being announced, wound up sing two songs for airport. A first for me. Crazy day."

Lauper also opined on Twitter "the Argentinians are truly nutty and fun."

Thee IRISHMAN

Sound pretty cool. I went out Christmas Caroling year ago I went to Bruce Springsteen home and he played Santa Claus is comin' to town to us he the coolest person I ever met with I met a few time at the Stone Pony.

March 08 2011 at 5:35 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Me

That was very nice and thoughtful of her.

March 08 2011 at 5:30 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
ED

I almost mistook her for a young Zsa Zsa, who really had fun!

March 08 2011 at 5:25 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Larry W. Bruce

You go girl ! turning lemons into lemonade

March 08 2011 at 4:39 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
donnie

she is SO cool, i have loved her since the 80's and she still ROCKS! she made me 'smile' on this video.

March 08 2011 at 3:31 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
r

ANY OTHER MUSIC STAR WOULD HAVE JUST SAT THERE OR DEMANDED TO BE PAID TO SING. THAT'S WHY SHE IS SO LOVED

March 08 2011 at 3:18 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
malia

Wow How cool is that!! Now adays the young and up coming so called singers are just too into them selves to ever do that and they do not have even a quarter of her talent!!Plus most of them would not be caught dead singing LIVE!!!! Cudos Miss Lauper!!!!

March 08 2011 at 3:03 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Ed Baggett

Every body sing along now La, La, La, La.....

March 08 2011 at 1:19 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
l1a1h1

Lauper is NOT news to me.

March 08 2011 at 12:42 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to l1a1h1's comment
r

That's sad to hear. She is an amazing person and a giver. A real humanitarian /Her music has brout a smile to people world wide. So sad that you are so narrowminded. Drop the stick out of your butt and listen to her music. Even YOU can't help but smile. Get a life Geeze

March 08 2011 at 3:35 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Melissa

I love you Cyndi you always been my favorite singer .Your music always puts a smile on my face.You Rock!

March 08 2011 at 12:31 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply