Five things to do if you're stranded on a snow day
Here's five things you can do if you get stuck:
1. Make Friends. You're not the only one in a place you'd rather not be. So make friends with your fellow strandees. You can share information, commiserate, or just share a drink with another stranded soul.
2. Contact your hotel. If everyone is stuck, your hotel might want you back. See if they're offering any discounts or deals to their guests snowed in or out. If they're over booked, have them work the phones for you, too. They know it can mean you come back to them on your next trip.
3. Extend your stay. If you have the flexibility, re-book for a few days from now, and further explore the area you're in. Even it's only an extra day or two, you'll avoid the massive rush back to the airport or train once things are running again, and learn something new about a different part of the country.
4. Movie marathon. Not much different than you'd do at home – though stream it through your laptop if you have Netflix, or find where you can get movie rentals close to the hotel so you'll avoid the pricey fees for in-room flicks.
5. Snow it. If you can't beat it, join it. Who said you need to be in your own backyard to make a snow angel?
- Most Unexpected Flight Delays [AOL Travel]
- How to Complain Effectively When Traveling (Video) [FoxNews Travel]
- Top 20 Hottest Destinations of 2011 (Amazing Photos!) [National Geographic]
- Cuba Responds to Obama's New Travel Policy [Huffington Post]
Add a Comment
Find the best offers to compare and save money.
Search for Deals
Jun 12th 2014 9:04AM
Jan 17th 2014 5:04PM
Jan 14th 2014 2:57PM
Jan 9th 2014 1:09PM
- Adventure Travel
- Air Travel
- Arts & Culture
- Best Of
- Food + Drink
- Historic Sites
- Road Trips
- Spring Break
- Ski Vacations
- Spa & Wellness
- Tips & Tricks
- Weekend Getaways