Disney Donald Duck Groping Case To See Day In Court

Posted Jan 4th 2011 12:34 PMUpdated Jan 5th 2011 11:01 AM

A Pennsylvania woman will have her day in court over claims she was groped by Donald Duck at Walt Disney World's Epcot theme park.

U.S. District Judge John R. Padova ruled a lawsuit filed by April Magolon of Upper Darby, can proceed in court in Pennsylvania.

Magolon, 27, claims the character Donald Duck grabbed her breast as she held her child at the Orlando theme park.

She also claims the character then joked about the incident.

Magolon says the May 2008 incident left her with nightmares, digestive problems and other forms of post-traumatic stress.

In her lawsuit, Magolon also charges that Disney parks have a history of such fondling incidents, and that Disney has not been particularly responsive to the complaints.

Disney argued in court papers that the suit should either be dismissed or moved to Florida.

But Padova disagreed, ruling "She, her fiance (who was a witness to the alleged assault), and her treating doctors are all located in Pennsylvania."

Asked to comment on the case, Walt Disney World spokeswoman Andrea Finger tells AOL Travel News "We will respond through the court as appropriate."

Marco

But but but.. in 1973, my family and I (I was 8 years old at the time) went to Disney World for first time (went there 4 times during 1970's but never again since 1978.) Well, I was going to say that Mickey Mouse SEND ME A POST CARD! I am good in watching people and have good memory of things in my youth. I know that Disney World send me a postcard of Mickey Mouse and said "Sorry to miss you, Mark! Hope to see you soon! Love, Mickey" And the address was send to me! It was about 2 weeks after we returned back home from Disney World. No way either of my parents did this. And the postdate as well. I still have it here somewhere. Perhaps my parents called Mickey and Gang from up here!

They DO talk!! If they do in the movies, they should talk! Why aren't they allowed to talk at the parks?

Real dumb! I can even talk like Donald Duck!

Now, in my opinion, I think this lady is making up everything. She got post-stress? HA! That is more common for soldiers in war-torn areas! Just for touching her boobies.. I think she is looking for money. No way.

If Disney Co tells their parks to stop touching people, this means no more huggings children, no more touching fans, no more touching anybody! For photos, they have to be standing 3 feet apart.

Those are the ways if Disney World want to be greedy to save money.

Lately Disney World is getting bad rap: the woman who is crying wolf (this case with Donald Duck), an amusement ride death or 2, a murder, and a suicide. What's next? A Disney Character kidnap a child? (There are so many tunnels and doors to tunnels in its entire park there). God forbid!

January 06 2011 at 12:24 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
journeyzpath

What a complete waste of the courts time!

January 06 2011 at 11:54 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
kcd888

Another immigrant and/or minority abusing our legal system.

January 06 2011 at 11:28 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Mr. E

If this woman felt so violated and traumatized, why did she wait almost 3 years to come forward? Lady, take two more percocets or whatever it is you're on and do us all a favor and stay at home.

January 06 2011 at 10:27 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
time1865

This is really a funny story. I have been to WDW many times and have seen the visitors grabbing the characters. I can still remember the one time at the Contempoary we were having breakfast when Chip & Dale came around. Chip sat on this fathers lap to take a picture and he wouldn't keep his hands off the girl's breasts. She couldn't scream because she would have lost her job so she just kept pushing his hands away. The wife didn't stop laughing as she took pictures. I could just imagine what would have happen if the poor girl said she was going to have the ass arrested.

January 06 2011 at 9:01 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
loving1624

Clumsy because of the costume huh, well I hope this lawsuit will make disney think it is time to redesign the customes to save them a few million next time. Accident my A$$. Pervert. He probably thought she would laugh it off.

January 06 2011 at 1:19 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Gary

The gal that played Snow White there was hot. I would have gladly let her touch my junk !!!

January 05 2011 at 5:50 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
marywhiteatl@yahoo.com

I was fondled by Goofy in an elevator at the Grand Floridian. Maybe Goofy got a new job? After a 45 seconds I realized Goofy does know what he doing.

January 05 2011 at 12:33 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Doug

Sounds like someone looking for a "Free Ride". I mean, c'mon. What thrill could "Donald" get with that massive suit on. Disney is too expensive for my tastes. But I hate people who file these type of law suits. Just looking for "an easy". Send her to jail for filing a fake suit.

January 05 2011 at 7:47 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
themightyabelard

If this woman wins a cash settlement, can Donald tell the judge "Just put it on my bill!"?

January 05 2011 at 3:55 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply