Flight Attendant Arrested in Airline Bomb Hoax

Posted Dec 9th 2010 12:18 PMUpdated Dec 9th 2010 12:40 PM

Police in Hanoi have arrested a Vietnam Airlines flight attendant for texting a fake bomb threat.

Nguyen Bang Viet, 36, allegedly sent a text message back in October to the head air steward on a flight from Hanoi's Noi Bai International Airport, claiming there was a bomb onboard the plane.

The aircraft was scheduled to fly to Siem Reap, Cambodia. The flight was canceled and more than a hundred passengers had to be put on other flights.

Police searched the plane, but no explosives were found. Still, as a result of the bomb threat, which coincided with Hanoi's 1,000th anniversary celebrations, officials tightened airport security.

Police arrested Viet after they traced the number from the text to the flight attendant's cell phone.

J Lea

Stupid or not, people could be more polite and understanding than petty and boorish. Jumping on someone for making a mistake is typical juvenile behavior though.

December 10 2010 at 7:32 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Bill

This one is for Pat (third comment down). I don't really care if you're a Liberal or a Conservative. Why is it that some people are so quick to judge when they're not exactly so perfect themselves? Your (idiotic) comment was this: "Liberal haters always have trouble with language..did you finish high school?". Yet, you opened your comment with this: "If stupidity is dimishing" Perhaps you should learn to spell if you're going to be so critical of others. Duh!

December 10 2010 at 6:41 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
warren

12.10.2010 @ 12:06PM by harl6971
Report abuseWarren, you've become annoying.

I'm sorry harl6971, in that case, I think I will take the funds from my piggy bank, go to the pawn shop and buy one of those pointy little swords and just fall on it, but believe you me, you're going to miss me.

December 10 2010 at 3:37 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
shopping from home gal

Unemployed and need a job? Why not start your own business? Get started here http://shoppingfromhome.dealscenter.us/offer/home-job-placement-19699

December 10 2010 at 3:32 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
dexterpearson

LOL. This story just made my afternoon a lot better. This guy shoulda realized authorities may eventually investigate and ask questions as to how he knew about the bomb threat. Oh brother....

Well, at least this dumb criminal story's not as cringing as the two women who shoplifted merchandise and hid it in their skin folds. I don't think I slept well when I read that.....

December 10 2010 at 1:26 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
harl6971

Warren, you've become annoying.

December 10 2010 at 12:02 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
JoJo

Okay, so where was the "unhappy ending" to this story? The idiot texted a false bomb threat and was arrested. No one died, no one was injured because of this stupid act, but the woman WAS arrested. Sounds like a logical conclusion to me.

December 10 2010 at 11:58 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Lynn

Thats' write! We;ll tipo eny tyme wi wont two!!! LOLOL

Warren, thanks for the giggle!!! :-)

December 10 2010 at 11:43 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
warren

you tell 'em Lynn, and go ahead, defend me if you want, they aren't the boss of you, HUH!!! If we want to make typos, then by golly we will and they can't stop us. ;-)

December 10 2010 at 11:36 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to warren's comment
PAMELA HURD

Warren, I want an invitation to that party you're having, I love the guest list.........lol

December 11 2010 at 2:11 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Lynn

Pahahahahahahahaha!! FUUNNNYYYYY!!!

STUPID is the right word! The stewardess is the STUPID ONE. Of course, the text would be traced to her phone!

The people on this site, who are being the "TYPO PATROL" are not stupid... they simply NEED A LIFE!!! LOLOL EVERYONE typos. It's just part of this wonderful era of technology and fast paced living. Those of you who get off pointing out everyone else's mistakes need to get over yourself. I'm quite sure YOU'VE made typos too! I know I have.....

December 10 2010 at 11:31 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply