Woman Suing American Airlines for $15 Million Claiming Lizard in Her Airplane Meal

Posted Dec 2nd 2010 02:16 PMUpdated Dec 2nd 2010 05:12 PM

Pylon757, flickr

An American Airlines passenger has testified in federal court in New York she "wanted to die" after realizing she had chomped down on what she says was a lizard in her airplane chicken dinner.

Monserrate Luna, a beautician in Puerto Rico, has filed a $15 million suit against the airline over the creepy in-flight surprise.

Luna told the court she was eating the meal while watching a movie on an American flight from JFK to San Juan in 2003, and wasn't able to swallow the "mystery meat" so she spit it out, reports the New York Post.

She said her 5-year-old son confirmed she had eaten "an animal."

Luna claims she became ill after eating the meal.

American's lawyer, Kenneth Gormley claims the inedible mass was chicken skin, not a lizard. He said, "there may have been some feathers, or what looked like feathers...but there was no lizard."

Comments

Just a Joe

I would do it to just so I can afford to fly back with and to get something to eat at the airport if I have any money left over!

March 02 2011 at 9:28 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
masterofmeander

LIZARD SUES “LUNATIC” PASSENGER
excerpted from OnanOnionMeNottaserious.com

Ricotta LaMatta, owner of a three-foot Komodo Dragon, has filed suit for "300 million dollars and a pound of flesh" from a woman now suing American Airlines for allegedly including a lizard in her onboard meal.

"My lizard," LaMatta claims, identified in filings as "Lucretia Dragoon."

"I finally found the wretch," said LaMatta, who produced receipts proving she had indeed booked Lucretia in the seat immediately adjacent to that claimed by Puerto Rican beautician Monseratte Luna, "Who proceeded to stuff my baby into her mouth," also to "bite, masticate and partially digest" her pet.

“Lucy was only four inches long at the time. Four inches—can you imagine how that felt?” As a direct result, LaMatta's action asserts, “She still limps, fears Latin music, and won’t mate within her species.”

An American Airline spokesman declined comment on the action, saying only, “It’s been a pretty long day, so think I’ll go home and strip search myself.”

February 25 2011 at 1:39 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Ann

Hmmm....I was eating at O'Charley's in a southern town about a year ago, and when a live lizard crawled out from under the lettuce on my hamburger, I let out a scream. When the manager came over, he said, "I understand you ladies are sitting in the wildlife section!" Free meal, and gift card for two more meals. If I had sued, maybe I could eat there free for life!! (Haven't been back since the incident.)

January 02 2011 at 7:21 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Jerry

I bet it was the Geico gecko.

December 03 2010 at 8:12 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Tony

I bet this woman has eaten alot of things in her life. What is the big deal with a lizard. She needs to grow up..

December 03 2010 at 2:13 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
D Mills

First, eating a lizard would not get you sick. Second, feathers don't melt when heated. Third, that must be a hell of a meal to have them both combined together, needless to say that I think she is full of crap. Another useless claim, trying to defraud the airlines and give them a bad reputation.

December 03 2010 at 12:48 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
coffeetalk

soooo dramatic..........

December 03 2010 at 7:57 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
westcolumbis

This sounds a lot like the woman who found a finger in her chili at Wendy's. That too was a fraud.

December 03 2010 at 7:25 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Gregg

Child knew what it was because they were having lizard for supper in PR !

December 03 2010 at 6:26 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Rooftop Voter

They served food?? Bonus right there! Found a lizard in the food? Double bonus!!

December 03 2010 at 6:22 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply