Woman Wears Bikini Through LAX Airport Security

Posted Nov 29th 2010 10:27 AMUpdated Dec 6th 2010 10:49 AM

As thousands of passengers dealt with full-body scans and pat-downs at Los Angeles International Airport last week, one young woman breezed right through security wearing only a bikini.

Corinne Theile tells NBC-LA she's not part of any organized protest, but does object to Transportation Security Administration (TSA) policies on passenger screening.

"It's not that I'm concerned, it's that I feel like the TSA is making travelers feel uncomfortable, and I feel like we can have security measures that don't make people feel uncomfortable," she says.

The bikini, she adds, seemed a logical solution to avoiding those measures.

"I'm hoping by wearing a bikini they will see everything they need to see and we can avoid a pat-down," Theile tells the TV station before opening her coat to display a black two-piece.

"Every time I go through security I always say, 'I don't even know why I got dressed this morning.' I end up taking off belts, jewelry and everything else off anyway," Theile says.

So how did the TSA at LAX react?

Theile reports the TSA agents got a laugh out of her outfit.

"The woman looked at me and said, 'Girl, you wearing a bikini. Come right through.' She had a big smile on her face," Theile says. "I think this might be the way I travel from here on out. So, we'll see."

Brian

You want to make a change in the way thing's are? You want to make a statement? Don't listen to these dopes that tell you not to go through the xray, to go through the body pat down to make a delay and back things up.That IDIOT that started that wasn't even flying that weekend. I saw the jackass on TV.The reason why you are going through all of this is because of THE MUSLIMS. Yes i said it THE MUSLIMS.Now if you want to make your voice made VERY CLEAR go to your local mosque, bring sign's and make your protest there instead of the airport.They are just doing their job,but your local mosque isn't doing their's.And while you are there,why dont you ask them why they aren't making statements DENOUNCINC what their radical BROTHERS are doing,or better yet why aren't they having a peace march being that they are such peace loving people ( that just happen to kill people for not following their religion ) And also ask them why it is that some of the people that go to these mosques, wind up learning how to make bombs to kill non-muslims? Funny,I haven't learned that in my place of worship,have you? Also, ask them why IF they want to live among us as neighbors,that they send their kids to schools where they are taught to hate the infidels? That doesn't seem vary neighborly to me, how about you?I respect other's right to choose their religion. I don't kill them,do you? So don't blame the airport screener's, that's just what they want.I think you can find some other people to blame, and other way's to make your point. This isn't because of you , it's because of them. GOD BLESS

November 30 2010 at 7:15 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
RICHARD WIGGINTON

All of these so called security procedures are little more than a "feel good about themselves government morons" acting as if they are making a difference. It might make more sense to lose the PC BS and start profiling the folks who are causing the problems, namely Muslims. But Allah forbid that we offend the folks who wish very much to kill all of we "infidels." Muslim women, including black women who changed their name yesterday are photographed for official documents such as driver's licenses with only their eyes visible through a slit. Now just wait for the outcry if TSA pats down a real Arab or a black man who became a Muslim because of greater prison perks; let's see how impartial justice is dispensed then. Mark my words, it will be just the way it's been for years, open season on white people because if they look hard at people of color it will be classed as discriminatory profiling. The PC crock of crap will continue.

November 30 2010 at 7:00 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Lou

I wish we had the option to board one of two airlines. The first, performs all the controversial checks and the second performs none of them.

I would fly on the first. What about you?

November 30 2010 at 6:35 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
matt

if you look good why not,if you don't look good the less you show the better

November 30 2010 at 6:07 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
ingria

Damn, and me without my Speedo. Should have kept it.

November 30 2010 at 5:56 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Mattt

At first I thought she was pathetic for doing that and all this uproar over putting safety first was ridiculous, but then I watched the video.... she's hot. So now I'm all for it. :)

Bring on the complaints fat chicks.

November 30 2010 at 5:50 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Vince Sbardella

Way to go connie!! And I was glad to read that the TSA agents had a good sense of humor about it.

November 30 2010 at 5:06 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Marie

She did exactly what I would do if I was a bit younger. But I would have done it purposely to make a point. Even though at my age my husband says I still look good (I wear the same size that I did in High School) thirty some years and 3 kids later I've lost some nerve. Just like the two men that went through in speedo's to make a point and redressed after they went through - now that takes guts but then they were young and had the bodies to get away with it too. Got to love it - between the two men and this one - it's the first laugh I had regarding this entire matter.

November 30 2010 at 4:28 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
mixnmatch4

I hope the guy standing behind her didn't get frisked, or scanned. Whoa....put that thing away!

November 30 2010 at 3:42 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Dan

And who watches your luggage while you are being zapped and probes?

November 30 2010 at 3:24 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply