Supermodel Says American Airlines Lost Her Wedding Gown

Posted Nov 10th 2010 01:19 PMUpdated Nov 11th 2010 01:30 PM

Pregnant Australian supermodel Miranda Kerr is appealing to her 369,000 Facebook fans for advice on how to get lost luggage back from American Airlines.

Among the items in the lost bag is the antique wedding dress the Victoria's Secret Angel wore when she married Orlando Bloom this summer.

"Hi guys, I wanted to ask for your help... In July American Airlines lost my luggage and I have been trying to locate it ever since. Unfortunately the luggage had my wedding dress in it plus other things that I hold so dear. Has anyone else experienced losing luggage through American Airlines and if so did you ever locate it again? Any help would be greatly appreciated," Kerr writes on her Wall.

Kerr, 27, and Bloom, 33, married in a secret ceremony in July. The couple then headed to the Caribbean on their honeymoon.

American Airlines says it has asked Kerr to fill out a questionnaire to help track the luggage, but has not received a response.

Arlene M.

Why don't you fill out the forms the airline asked you to do. Are you too busy smiling and looking pretty?

November 11 2010 at 6:46 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
David S.

She's a "supermodel?" They must not be very picky in Australia....

November 11 2010 at 4:49 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
ldy4tv

I had my luggage stolen last Oct. from Miami Dade Airport.I made numerous police reports, airline reports, checked lost baggage dept. to no avail., I called the police dept about 2 weeks after returning from my cruise, and they told me there was no report made???? My luggage was stolen by the shuttle bus driver for Marriott. He said he gave it to some elderly couple as he dropped them off, then he changed his story as the week progressed. Something is fishy in Miami besides the fish. I received no compensation whatsoever. Just try to go on a cruise without your luggage.

November 11 2010 at 3:09 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Tony

American Airlines says it has asked Kerr to fill out a questionnaire to help track the luggage, And she has not. Maybe AA lost her luggage but Kerr has to help with more info. Kerr needs to help.
When I first read the head line I thought she lost something really important like her ...
I don't see anything so great about this broad...

November 11 2010 at 2:35 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Keith

Baggage handlers are just that-baggage handlers. They have no authority to check the contents of any luggage.Only TSA employees have that right.Even then if your baggage is opened they are supposed to put a flyer in your luggage stating that it was opened and gone thru.

November 11 2010 at 1:56 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
peggy holloway

Miranda, I LOOKED UP ADDRESS AND PHONE NUMBER FOR THE UNCLAIMED BAGGAGE CENTER 509 WEST WILLOW STREET, SCOTTSBORO,AL.35768, PHONE NUMBER IS 1-256-259-1525.HOPE THIS HELPS AND I PRAY YOU ARE ABLE TO FIND YOUR WEDDING DRESS AND OTHER THINGS INTACTED. TAKE CARE MY PRAYERS ARE WITH YOU.

November 11 2010 at 1:53 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
fsn

I've been to the lost luggage store and found stuff with names on it.
The most surprising was the Rev Jessie Jackson.
He should have been easy to locate and return his stuff!

I don't think the airlines try very hard to locate luggage. Travelers should take the time to put multiple labels with name and phone numbers on their luggage. I've been told not to put address on the luggage then airport thieves know your house number, know you're not at home and will rob your house.

Never pack anything you don't want to go missing!

November 11 2010 at 1:11 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
bob

BIG DEAL IT WAS JUST A WEDDING DRESS, IN A FEW YEARS WHEN THEY SPLIT UP SHE WON'T EVEN REMEMBER IT.

November 11 2010 at 12:54 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
alison

Its sad that she lost such a lovely sentimental thing. She is very gracious about it, too.
Unfortunately, the lesson is that if something is precious to you, you either carry it with you on the trip or simply ship it to yourself by some reliable insured method.
.Never check luggage that you cant afford to lose.

November 11 2010 at 12:20 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Laura Lynn

Well, I tried to leave a message on your Facebook page, but for some reason it wouldn't let me, so.... If you can't get it back through the airline there are stores that purchase lost luggage from the airlines and sell the contents. The Unclaimed Baggage Center in Scottsboro, Alabama is the largest and well know of these stores in the USA. The URL is:http://www.unclaimedbaggage.com/tourthestore.html
Or you can call between 9am-6pm at 256-259-1525 Monday through Saturday. I hope you find your dress. I know I'ld be sick if that happened to me. Good luck.

November 11 2010 at 11:41 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to Laura Lynn's comment
Linda

Here is the information from the website as stated above for the Scottsboro, AL Store - 7,000 new items daily - the store covers a city block - do you actually think that baggage handlers don't sell your baggage to this store - there should be an investigation into the workings of this store by the FBI that's for sure.

The store is located at:
509 West Willow Street, Scottsboro, Alabama 35768.
256-259-1525.

We're open
Monday - Friday 9:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m. CT
Saturday 8:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m. CT
Closed Sundays.

Note: Pets are not allowed in the store.

Payment Terms
We accept cash, personal check with valid driver’s license, Visa, MasterCard, American Express, and Discover cards.

We sell gift cards at our Concierge Desk in the Scottsboro store.

There is only one Unclaimed Baggage Center!
Unclaimed Baggage Center covers more than a city block! You should be sure to allow yourself plenty of time.
We stock over 7,000 items DAILY in the store.
Everything is clean, fresh, and ready for you to take home!
It will be a VALUABLE trip.

General Return Policy