Man Arrested for Throwing Oranges at Planes

Posted Nov 10th 2010 04:43 PMUpdated Nov 10th 2010 04:56 PM

Police have arrested an Arizona man who they say was throwing oranges at planes at a Phoenix-area airport.

Officers responded to a disturbance call at Mesa's Falcon Field municipal airport and found 33-year-old Brian Henio sitting in an orange grove.

He had a green jug to his lips and had been sniffing spray paint, police tell the Arizona Republic.

Henio admitted throwing the oranges and told officers he didn't understand why it was a big deal.

Police say Henio was "extremely jittery," unable to answer some of their questions, and had to be wrestled to the ground when they tried to handcuff him.

He was charged with possession of a vapor releasing substance, possession of drug paraphernalia and trespassing.

dave

What was he afraid the plane was going to deport his ass!

November 12 2010 at 5:09 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
doelvguitar@aol.com

Orange you glad they caught him

November 12 2010 at 4:53 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Bodhi

Arizona? Crazy behavior? Don't worry it's just a Tea bagger

November 12 2010 at 2:59 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Bernask

As for the arrest for throwing Oranges, maybe he can appeel on that charge. Vapor releashing substance, like farting??? Law enforcement must be bored, and going crazy.

November 12 2010 at 1:49 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Frank

I remember when I painted the inside of some low cabinets in the kitchen and by the time I was finished, I couldn't walk straight.

November 11 2010 at 11:45 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
mm3264

And they worry about illegal immigrants when they have homegrown terrorists?

November 11 2010 at 10:45 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Betty W

Falcon Field is a small airport right across the street from an orange grove, and yes, if you have a good arm, you might be able to hit a small Cessna that's parked near the fence. As for the huffing (that's what it's called)I guess he found out we voted down the legalization of marijuana and was just huffing away his sorrows.

November 11 2010 at 10:36 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
sue

GO ARREST SOME REAL BAD GUYS!

November 11 2010 at 9:24 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Mike

It's illegal to possess a "vapor releasing substance?" What the hell do people in Arizona use for spray paint? Gasoline? Paint thinner? Solvents of any kind? Nail polish? Etc. I've been a huge supporter of AZ and their immigration legislation, but this one just sounds stupid. . .

November 11 2010 at 9:23 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
2 replies to Mike's comment
Mike

Dusty - I get that. The article says the guy had been sniffing spray paint, which I'll grant you is probably not the healthiest thing to do on purpose (although I'll confess that I've never minded the smell when I'm actually painting something). What gets me is that he was apparently cited for possessing a vapor releasing substance, basically for owning paint - not for sniffing it. And, really, even though sniffing paint would undoubtedly be a serious health hazard, can the government really cite you for sniffing stuff that's not listed on a controlled substance list? The whole story is just weird. . .

November 11 2010 at 10:11 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Wilson Boozer

I was wondering the same thing! Has it gotten to the point that having a can of spray paint is cause for being arrested?

November 12 2010 at 12:30 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
JEB BUCKINGHAM

I think this guy is a fruit!

November 11 2010 at 9:19 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply