Blonds-Only Vacation Island Planned

Posted Oct 5th 2010 10:28 AMUpdated Oct 5th 2010 02:20 PM

An island in one of the prettiest places on earth may soon be run entirely by blondes. A Lithuanian company says it plans to open an island resort in the Maldives and market it as place where blonds do have more fun, sort of.

The company, Olialia (pronounced "ooh-la-la), wants its vacation resort to have only blond staff. And it wants to bring visitors to the island on flights entirely crewed by blonds as well, reports the BBC. And yes, that includes the pilots.

The firm is already a blond-run and staffed enterprise, which operates in "75 different business sectors, making products from computer software and food products to pop music," the BBC says. The company's products are advertised using images of sexy blond women.

The firm officially announced its island project last week at a party with a "blond dress code" held in the Lithuanian capital of Vilnius. It says the blond resort will open in 2015.

But the BBC says the project is already being heavily criticized.

There has been lots of commenting on the Maldivian news website "Minivan," including one reader who wrote, "This is racist and should not be allowed in the Maldives."

Local laws in the Maldives, an island nation in the Indian Ocean, could also hinder the plan since they require resorts to hire 50% local staff.

Olialia's blond managing director, Giedre Pukiene, tells the BBC her company does not discriminate.

"But we find that when women with dark hair work here, they are surrounded by all these beautiful blonds, so eventually they end up going blond too," she says.

She adds her employees break the blond stereotype.

"Our girls are very smart and they have degrees," she says.

Would you stay at a resort with a blonds-only staff?
No. I think the idea is discriminatory. 6088 (27.1%)
No. I'm not blond and would rather have fun elsewhere.3388 (15.1%)
Yes. I think it's a fun idea.12975 (57.8%)

1 Comment

carlo

great idea , us blonds should make an effort to keep our race intact by staying together and , from my liking, blonds like blonds best

May 14 2011 at 2:50 AM Report abuse -1 rate up rate down Reply
One of the Olialia girl

Hey guys!

Don't be that negative! I assure you it's gonna be the greatest place to spend your holidays!

White sand, blue sea, palms, Spa's, restaurants, clubs and sun. What else do you need ? Hair is just a part of uniform which gonna make island stuff look extraordinary!

Join us on facebook

Also here you can find all projects that we have:

February 04 2011 at 9:36 AM Report abuse -1 rate up rate down Reply
Blonde

Hey!
I assure you myself it's gonna be the greatest place to spend your holidays. And you will see it!

White sand, blue sea, palms, hotels, bars, Spa's, clubs and etc. Is everything you have to have on board during your holidays and Olialia Blond Island gonna provide that. Don't get hooked on hair thing that much. It's just uniform hair color. If you are wearing caps due your work with your company logo? Well black hair people will wear 'hairy' caps with the company's logo - blond hair. No need to get mad about it! Uniform is not a crime

Join us on facebook and follow our project - Olialia Blond Island step by step:

February 04 2011 at 9:19 AM Report abuse -1 rate up rate down Reply
Blonde

Well I think it's amazing and funny idea! I would love to visit such a place. Specially love the design ! super fantastic! It's so girlish!

February 04 2011 at 8:48 AM Report abuse -1 rate up rate down Reply
Prateek

I highly doubt women will want to take their husbands and boyfriends to a "blonde fantasy resort"."

And vice versa... I highly doubt single guys will take their girl friends or middle age married men will take their wives to a place like "blonde fantasy resort".

The old adage is... "you don't take sand to the beach"

I don't think the guys will like to get slapped by their significan­t others for having their head spinning left and right every five seconds .

February 04 2011 at 3:24 AM Report abuse -1 rate up rate down Reply
Liliana

Finally great idea! Regards from a blond lady, who cares if anyone thinks I am smart but they do. Who cares if they think I am beautiful and they do. Ha ha ha, love being blonde.

October 08 2010 at 7:44 PM Report abuse -1 rate up rate down Reply
Krissi

I would think that men would be attracted to the most rare or ressesive jean wich is red hair I'm assuming that men are a little frightened by another stereoype that is constantly out there everyday in society that redheads have tempers which in reality is so not true and made up by probably jealousy as well. I think that redheads are much more deserving of a resort.

October 08 2010 at 10:59 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
adams

Excellent site, keep up the good work. I read a lot of blogs on a daily basis and for the most part, people lack substance but, I just wanted to make a quick comment to say I’m glad I found your blog. Thanks

==================================
camper trailers for sale

October 08 2010 at 8:45 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
richir

the woman who manages the resort ( a blond ) implies that dark haired women aren't as pretty as blond women. She's obviously a fool or pehaps blind. Brunettes as well as red haired women are just as sexy and appealing as blond women.

October 07 2010 at 7:44 AM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
Krissi

Hotter would be redheads who die their hair platinum blond -Yum!!

October 07 2010 at 2:20 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply