Woman Sentenced for Stealing Towels
A court in the Nigerian capital of Abuja has convicted the woman of stealing two towels and an iron from the Transcorp Hilton Abuja. She was ordered to pay about $20 or spend three months in jail.
Dowodu was nabbed with the goods in a bag by a Hilton security guard as she left the property.
Conspiracy was involved in the theft, a police prosecutor testified.
"The accused... conspired with one Jane of room number 864, Transcorp Hilton Hotel, now at large, to steal a pressing iron, hand towel and face towel from the room, thereby committing offenses punishable under Sections 79 and 287 of the Penal Code," the prosecutor said.
Dowodu pleaded guilty in court, though she said she was just carrying the bag as a favor to her pal.
- Disney Signs Deal for Third Paris Theme Park [AOL Travel]
- Drunk Delta Pilot Arrested in Amsterdam [AOL Travel]
- 10 Wackiest Attractions In the U.S. (Photos) [Huffington Post]
- Pop Quiz: How Much Do You Know About the Grand Canyon? [National Geographic]
- October Destination Guide: Where To Go (And NOT Go) Next Month [Lonely Planet]
- Top 10 Budget Destinations [AskMen]
Photo, kevinspencer, flickr
Find the best offers to compare and save money.
Fly Round-Trip to France, Spain, Italy & More this Winter
Published by ShermansTravel.com
Search for Deals
Dec 5th 2013 11:29AM
Dec 4th 2013 4:58PM
Dec 2nd 2013 11:26AM
Nov 27th 2013 4:31PM
- Adventure Travel
- Air Travel
- Arts & Culture
- Best Of
- Food + Drink
- Historic Sites
- Road Trips
- Spring Break
- Ski Vacations
- Spa & Wellness
- Tips & Tricks
- Weekend Getaways