Tourist Seriously Injured After Sleepwalking off Hotel Balcony
Aled Thomas Davies, 28, fell 35 feet from a third floor window, and suffered serious head and facial injuries and a broken leg, according to the UK's Daily Telegraph newspaper.
The accident occurred at the Lago Garden Hotel Apartments in the seaside resort of Port d'Alcudia, on Spain's largest island.
The newspaper says Davies apparently got out of bed and climbed over the balcony of his room while still asleep. His girlfriend tells police he regularly sleepwalks.
"We are looking into the possibility that he fell accidentally from the balcony during a sleep walking episode," says a spokesman at the police station in Alcudia.
Davies was transferred from a local facility to a hospital in Palma, the island's capital. Doctors fear he may lose sight in one eye as a result of the accident, the newspaper reports.
- Survey Says London Cabs Best [AOL Travel]
- Catholic Pilgrims Get Lost Using GPS in France [AOL Travel]
- Ten Best Places To Have a Mid-Life Crisis [Lonely Planet]
- Top 10 Glamorous A-List Destinations [Lonely Planet]
- Top 10 Beach Drinks Around the World [National Geographic]
- Can Apple Place a Patent On All Travel Apps? [Examiner]
Photo, Julian Gajewski, flickr
Find the best offers to compare and save money.
Search for Deals
May 20th 2013 6:00PM
May 20th 2013 5:00PM
May 20th 2013 4:00PM
May 20th 2013 3:00PM
- Adventure Travel
- Air Travel
- Arts & Culture
- Best Of
- Food + Drink
- Historic Sites
- Real Life Stories
- Road Trips
- Spring Break
- Ski Vacations
- Spa & Wellness
- Tips & Tricks
- Weekend Getaways