Flight Attendant Stole from Sleeping Passengers

Posted Jul 20th 2010 09:43 AMUpdated Aug 2nd 2010 10:15 AM

An Air France flight attendant has admitted to stealing from business class passengers while they were sleeping on long-haul flights.

The 47-year-old, known for legal reasons as Lucie R, is in custody and scheduled to appear before a magistrate in Paris this week, the UK's Daily Mail reports.

Her arrest followed complaints by passengers about missing cash, credit cards and jewelry. On one flight five passengers complained of losing up to $5,600.

The Mail quotes a source close to investigators as saying they examined 142 flights taken by the flight attendant, who is married and has children, after colleagues became suspicious of her lavish lifestyle.

They found multiple thefts reported on flights she was on.

"She knew that many passengers would fall asleep following a large meal and lots of alcohol," the unnamed source tells the newspaper. "This is the time that she would start rifling through their property, helping herself to whatever she could find."

The flight attendant was arrested as she got off a Tokyo to Paris flight last week.

She confessed to 26 thefts, according to the newspaper.

Photo, patcard, flickr

Comments

Hyyr

This woman isn't very smart. If she really got off on robbing people, then she should have sought employment where thievery is legal. Like a position with the IRS, which would have PAID her for stealing.

August 10 2010 at 10:39 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Gary

I have read all the comments and it is beyond me how a racist comment of any kind would have anything to do with the deplorable thief.
Steal something and you have to be accountable for it and most likely end up in jail.
As far as John's comment why read something into that is not there. Wake up people crime is crime.

August 10 2010 at 1:49 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Bob Grant

Bad day for fllight attendants....

August 09 2010 at 10:29 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
janet olson

"HATE THAT! Have had same thing happen to me & had to get help with recovering my personal info. This company helped me http://bit.ly/d65521

August 05 2010 at 7:06 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
John L

yes Sandy, my morals can be bought by A LOT more zeros besides I did not say that I WOULD, I just said that it MIGHT cross my mind and that is not saying that I would've even if I could've

July 25 2010 at 10:02 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Cecelia

Judy,
You must really be in trailer park heaven,Have you ever heard of Bernie Madoff, he was white and ripped of only greedy white people just like him,for 50 billion dollers.Maybe you should read the news paper
or listen to the news sometimes if possible.You are very ingorant.What makes you think the flight attendant was not white?

July 21 2010 at 9:22 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
JOHN

Judy,
Can you imagine if a negro (even tho they are called colored people now, Judy) sat next to you on the plane and then a mexican carried your bags to your hotel room? Safer to become agoraphobic and not have to deal with these people you claim are ALL criminals. My newspaper gets delivered very early. Now you've scared me and I'm afraid to go to bed. What if a negro delivers it? What would I do? I'm making a call tomorrow to make sure my newspaper delivery person is white. Lord, Lord....what about the trash collectors. Thanks alot Judy. You've ruined my happy existance. Now I just hope none of those cuban people you hear about are seen in my neighborhood.

July 21 2010 at 4:01 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Carol

Judy, you're a racist ass! Anyone, any Nationality, can do wrong! Have you seen the news?

July 21 2010 at 2:34 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
KC

Good Gravy, "Negros" are not known for stealing on planes. Plenty of Stereotypes around but that is not one of them. We all have Critical Ideas of others but that is reaching. Unless you're over 80 ,that is really scary. (You're from a different time, and that time has nearly ended).

July 21 2010 at 1:19 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Sue

Well, I had a nasty white flight attendant from D. steal my husband when she said coffee tea or me....and then went and slept with him. Her name is Diane Co__m__

July 21 2010 at 1:08 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply