Bikes Fly Free on JetBlue

Posted Jul 8th 2010 11:41 AMUpdated Jul 8th 2010 11:48 AM

All this month, JetBlue is letting cycling fans bring along their two-wheelers for free. The carrier said it was waiving its regular bike transport fee of $50 each way to celebrate the Tour de France.

The carrier is broadcasting wall-to-wall coverage of Lance Armstrong and gang for a seventh year in a row on the seatback TVs of all its flights. The coverage is on VERSUS, the TV home of the 23-day Tour de France in the U.S.

The free bike deal is available through July 31, on all flights except those to and from the Dominican Republic (due to baggage restrictions in the DR). There are specific packing requirements -- you can't just ride to the airport and turn over your bike.

According to jaunted.com, JetBlue was already more "bike-friendly" than some carriers, that charge $200 and sometimes even more to bring a bike on a plane.

Photo, insidestory, flickr

MICHAEL

I am a frequent flyer on JetBlue and love their service except that when I take my small dog, a Maltese, there are times when her ticket costs more than mine and she sits under the seat!!!

July 09 2010 at 7:24 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
paul norris

Having the bike along is a good idea. Next time i am stuck on the runway for 3 hours I could use it to ride back to the terminal for lunch.

July 08 2010 at 6:11 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
ro

screw the bikes - give a BREAK to the passengers

July 08 2010 at 5:54 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Carmen

How about lowering your Air Fares to Florida. I fly with you all the time. Besides having to pay $100.00 each way for a dog. At one point I was traveling with 2 dogs. Florida rates are outrageous. You do a good job I must say, and I would recommend Jetblue to anyone.

Thanks

July 08 2010 at 5:16 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Janet Leek

How about letting me take my folding chair to Denver and back the end of Sept. I'm going to a Dog Show that's held outside.. What would you charge both ways?

July 08 2010 at 2:33 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
JUDITH

THAT'S NICE BUT HOW ABOUT GOLF BAGS TOO? I'M GOING TO BERMUDA IN 2 WEEKS!! I FLY YOU ALL THE TIME.

July 08 2010 at 2:05 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply